Tips To Help You Minimise The Impact Of Being Out-Of Pocket!
- Check with your Medical Scheme to see if there are any providers of service in and around your area that are on direct payment arrangements – as this will save you a small fortune.
- Keep in mind we have rights too. Negotiate rates with specialists beforehand, especially before you are admitted for a surgical procedure.
- Speak your mind, if your specialist is not willing to negotiate, either pay the difference or find someone else.
- If you do not have Gap Cover in place, investigate it now as this will save you a tidy sum when admitted to Hospital for an illness or accident and protect you against nasty surprises when you receive the specialists bills.
- Choose your Medical Aid option wisely as it is imperative that you understand exactly what your Medical Aid Scheme will contribute towards your treatment. If you are unsure, speak to Specialist Healthcare Advisor.